Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BBQ Short Ribs in the Crockpot

I'm always looking for something different and being that I made these on New Years, most people go for Pork Tenderloin  and Sauerkraut, I went for BBQ Short Ribs and Fried Rice (this will be in the next post). I wanted something I could "set and forget" and this was great!

BBQ Short Ribs in the Crockpot


Ingredients:
3 lbs of Pork Country Short Ribs (I'm sure Beef would be good as well)
1 medium onion
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c water
1/2 c red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 tsp kosher salt




1. Quarter the onion and put it in the bottom of the crockpot.




 2. Put the short ribs on top of the onions. The reason for the onion is flavor, and to keep the meat off the bottom while it cooks. It's a dual purpose. (I also spray the crockpot with vegetable oil to things don't stick at all before putting anything it the crockpot.)

3. In a seperate bowl mix all the other ingredients above and pour over the short ribs.


4. Set for either 6 hours on High or 10 hours on Low, depending on what time frame you are looking to have it ready).

**Optional**
There is one more part if you want to have a thicker sauce for the ribs to put on it after, you can take the sauce remove it from the crockpot into a sauce pan, and simmer for 5 mins. Combine 1/4 cup or water with 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch in a seprate bowl and mix until smooth. Add to sauce pan, mix and let cook for about 1 min until thickened. Sever over ribs.



These are so simple and easy. I removed the bones from the short ribs to make it easier to eat after. You don't even need a knife to cut these, they just fall apart.

As always, I would love to hear what you guys think and what you're cooking!

Thursday I'll be posting the Fried Rice that I made for the first time to ever to go along with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment