Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quiche....first time for everything

To continue on with this week of Holiday specials,  today the idea was breakfast and I took a shot over this weekend to try out some quiche! Easy and quick, always my favorite type of recipes, along with ones you can customize to your taste. So to celebrate the Christmas season, and those gathering before us, enjoy these ideas for gatherings and even Christmas morning, or any other morning! 

I've never made a quiche before, but I knew I had a pie crust still from Thanksgiving. So what sounded good on a chilly Saturday Morning... making a quiche. I've never done it before, so there's a first time for anything.

For the pie crust, go back to my post from a few days ago and follow it through the entire baking.

So I decided to look up what type of recipes I could find. And if anyone knows me, I always tweek it so this is what i came up with and it turned out pretty good!

Tomato Sausage Quiche

Ingridents:
1/2 lb meat - I used pork sausage and cooked it with garlic, salt and pepper.
1/2 c diced tomatoes - I used cans because I didn't have fresh.
1/4 c onions diced
5 large eggs
1/4 c milk
1/2 c shredded cheese
Baked pie crust

1. Beat eggs and mix in milk, tomatoes, onions, meat and cheese.
2. Pour into pie crust, make sure to get the meat evenly distributed.


3. Bake at 350* F for about 40 - 45 mins.

 ENJOY!

Let me know what kind of ingredients you use.

Just make sure you don't over do how much you put in the mix and you drain items as well, so you reduce too much moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment