Monday, December 24, 2012

Honey Wheat Zucchini Muffins

I have all this zucchini from the summer that I shredded up and froze and have been wondering what to do with it... I found an answer when our Bagel group at work had a bake sale to rise money for a Adopted Family program in town to help with gifts and helping with bill paying. I had made a lot of cookies and sweets but there are people at work that usually like some healthier option so I figured give this a shot and see how it goes and I think it turned out pretty good.


Ingredients:
1 c Wheat flour
2/3 c Flour (white/bleached)
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1-1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/3 c zucchini (shredded)
1/2 c milk
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
2 Tbsp Honey
1 large egg

Topper:
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon


1. Mix Flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together.
2. Add in Zucchini, milk, vegetable oil, honey and egg and mix well.
3. Fill Muffin pans about 1/2 full to 3/4 full.
4. Sprinkle Cinnamon/Sugar mixture for topping on top of each.
5. Bake 400*F for about 15 mins

Makes about a dozen muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment