Friday, September 7, 2012

Fruit Desert Pizza

A healthy desert that is good any time! We had a short notice guest, which was awesome and we are always willing to give a home cooked meal to an out of town friend! So to my out of town friends... you have a home cooked meal waiting for you here in Nebraska, and maybe even a fruit pizza!

So the only thing I wish is that I had more time and I would have made the sugar cookie dough myself, so next time, but for now an easy simple desert that is fresh and without a lot of sugar!


Cookie bottom:
1 sugar cookie roll of pre packaged refrigerated stuff. 
Roll out on to a cookie sheet or pizza pan for a more round shape. Make sure its on the thinner side because it will puff up as cookies do.

Bake at 350*F for 16-20 mins.
KEY to all of this is to make sure you let it completely cool (30 mins) before putting on the "icing"

Icing: 
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Blend together and spread on cooled 'crust' / sugar cookie

Topping:
Choose what ever fruit you'd like. I put on Kiwi, Banana, Green Grapes, Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries.


Suggestions:
You could make smaller "pizzas" by smaller cookies and individualize everyone's to their liking.


Know what you're eating,  making it yourself and you'll know what's in your food... it really does taste better. Next time, I'm making my own sugar cookie dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment