Sunday, September 9, 2012

Banana Bread

 You might have your own recipe for Banana Bread. I am not a fan of the cake like breads, so I found one that said "moist banana bread" and again tweaked it a bit. This one does take more bananas than others, but I believe it takes less flour than the others. I don't but nuts in it, but of course you can. This doesn't last long around the house when I make it. Seeing it just came out of the oven and I've already had 2 pieces. So we should get on with it, I present to you my moist banana bread for your approval... anyone remember "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" 





Banana Bread
Ingredients:
2 c Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter (1 stick)
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
6 medium bananas


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F

 2. Peel all the bananas and mash them up. I use a pastry blender to mash them.

3. Cream together butter and brown sugar. I use a hand mixer for this, it just seems quicker than getting a stand mixer out.

4. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.

5. Mix into the large bowl the butter and brown sugar mixture and use hand mixer to blend together.

6. Beat eggs in a small bowl.

7. Stir in the bananas and the egg and mix well and until moistened.









8. Now there are 2 ways you can go with this. 1 loaf or 2 loafs, so pay attention to which one you choose below. I do 2 loafs because it seems to "last longer" in our house, though it could be an optical illusion.

Grease the pan (or pans).

1 loaf:  Bake for about 60-65 mins.

2 loafs: Divide the batter evenly between 2 loaf pans. Bake for about 40-45 mins.




Make sure to use a toothpick to check the bread when its near done to come out clean.  Cool in pan for 10 mins before letting cool on a cooling rack.


And Eat! 
 Let me know what you think when you try it! Feel free to share and adapt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment