Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baked Dill and Parsley Tilapia with Swiss Chard and Rice

Always looking for a new fish dish, since I love fish, but KC is a bit picky when it comes to fish, so its something I only make once a month. I got the thumbs up tonight, which trust me I've gotten a "please don't make that again" before, no matter if I liked it or not. Rare, but it happens. To tonight was a thumbs up! "It was good, not fishy tasting".... which for KC that's what I go for.

So tonight was in 3 parts, 1 rice, 2 swiss chard (which I have never made before) and the Baked Dill and Parsley Tilapia.
I suggest this order: If you have a rice cooker start the rice first (ours takes about 45 mins or so) or if you have just the quick rice might wait until closer to the end. Then prep the fish and cut up the swiss chard, start the swiss chard 'stems' then get the fish in the oven, then finish the swiss chard. It ended up with the fish finishing about 2 mins after rice and swiss chard was done.

Baked Dill and Parsley Tilapia
Ingredients: 
4 - 8 oz. skinless tilapia fillets
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
~2 Tbsp dried dill weed
~2 Tbsp dried parsley
Half a lemon

Directions:
Pre Heat Over - 375*F
1. On a metal cookie sheet with a lip, place the 4 fillets flat side (back side) down.
2. Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. This will sound crazy, but its good - Spread the mayo with a butter knife on the fillets evenly.
4. I didn't measure out the dill or parsley, but I shook each over each fillet until covered evenly with both.
5. Take half a lemon and squeeze the lemon over each fillet. If you don't have a lemon laying around use some lemon juice in the mayo before spreading it on, like a teaspoon.
6. Bake in oven for 15 mins.


Swiss Chard
Ingredients: 
1 large bunch of swiss chard, rinsed
2 Tbsp butter
1 quarter sweet onion, dinced
1 tsp ground mustard (since I couldn't find mustard seeds, the woes of a small town)
Salt
Rice vinegar (or sub regular vinegar with a pinch of sugar)
Directions:
1. Cut the stems out of the leaves of the swiss chard, and chop into quarter inch pieces. Dice onions up. Toss in pan on medium high and saute until onions are translucent.  Toss in mustard, and throw in a pinch or 2 or salt and toss.
2. Cut the leaves longways in half and then chop into like 1/4" thick pieces.
3. Throw swiss chard leaves in with onion/stem mixture, toss to coat with the mixture. Let cook a few mins, then turn down to low and cover for about 3 mins.
4. Take off the stove and put into a serving bowl and toss with about 2 Tbsp with rice vinegar.

 



Plate:
About 1-1/2 cup rice, with about 3 scoops of swiss chard on the rice and top with a piece of tilapia.

All the flavors melded well together. And if you've never had swiss chard before, KC and I both agreed it tasted like brussels sprouts, but those are well liked in our house, though not in many homes. My friend Rachel says its better than brussels spouts... It's worth the try. We tried it because it came in our veggie box from Ricky and Lucy's (local greenhouse in Sidney, NE) so we had it to try, and I'm glad we did.

I hope you like it, as soon as I posted the dinner picture on facebook, my good friend Cassie posted she needed the recipe, so Cassie, I hope you guys love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment